Do you feel like a failure every time you go to the grocery store and forget to bring your reusable shopping bags? Do you have a pantry full of reusable grocery bags that you have collected over the years but never remember to bring when you go out? You are not alone.
Our research has taught us that the #1 friction point for consumers in their quest to adopt the use of reusable shopping bags is forgetting to bring them to the store!
To help overcome this challenge, we’ve pulled together a list of tips and tricks to help you remember to BRING your reusable bags every time you shop!
- Get a bag that’s functional, versatile and beautiful so you’ll WANT to take it everywhere.
- Select a reusable shopping bag system that stores all the bags you need together, so you will have your grocery bags and reusable produce bags together
- Hang your bags somewhere convenient, like your key hook or near your front door.
- Put your reusable bags back in your car after you unpack your shopping, so they are ready for next time.
- Keep a reusable bag in your handbag so you are always prepared (can be used for more than groceries)
- Put a big reminder sign on the inside of your front door “BRING Your Bags!”
- Put a reminder on your keychain
- Always start your shopping list with ‘BRING bags’ so you remember to bring them with you when you shop.
- Put a note on your dashboard, “BRING bags!”
- If you still find yourself in line to checkout and realize that you forgot you bags in the car, don’t be afraid to put your cart aside and run out to the car. After losing your place in line a few times you will start to remember those bags!
And if all else fails, you can even tell the clerk, “No bag, thanks!. It might seem strange at first, but once you get used to it, you will realize that it’s perfectly ok to load your stuff right back into your cart.Every trip you make to the store can make a difference in ending plastic pollution. Once you get into the habit of shopping with your own bags, it will become second nature. Just BRINGIT!